Online Banking Terms and Conditions
Woori America Bank
Internet Banking Agreement
- Introduction. This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions of the Internet Banking Service ("Service") offered by Woori America Bank. In this Agreement, "You" refers to each owner and authorized signer on the accounts that may be accessed through the Service. The terms "We," "Us" and "Bank" refer to Woori America Bank. This Agreement incorporates, supplements, and supersedes where inconsistent, the terms of your deposit account agreement with us. Your use of the Service will be deemed further evidence of your agreement to these terms.
Our Services. We offer the following Services:
- Online Account Access - You can obtain information about your accounts and transactions, communicate with us, direct us to stop payment on a check, view statements, set up alerts, change contact information, transfer funds between your designated accounts with us and send wire transfers (Ewires).
- Bill Payments - You can make bill payments to others.
- Your Equipment. To use the Service, you must have an access ID, a password, hardware and software capable of supporting the Service, and access to the Internet. You are responsible for the selection, installation, maintenance, and operation of your computer and software. We are not responsible for any errors, failures, or malfunctions of your computer or software, or for any computer virus or related problems that may occur with your use of this Service. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer and software are compatible with our system. We reserve the right to change our system requirements from time to time as needed.
Your Password. We will provide you with one or more User IDs, Passwords and/or other means of identification and authentication (collectively, "Password") to access the Service. You are responsible for keeping the Password secure and confidential. Never place your Password on or near your computer. For security reasons, we may disable your Password if it is entered incorrectly several times. We may act on any Service instruction that is accompanied by your Password. You agree not to disclose your Password to anyone.
In order to access the Service, you are required to provide User ID, Password, social security number or tax ID number, account number and email address.
- Your Accounts. In order to use the Bill Payment Service, you must have an eligible checking account with us. At our discretion, we may refuse to allow certain accounts to be linked to any Service.
- Account Balance and Transaction Information. You can use the Service to obtain account balance and transaction information anytime of the day, seven days a week, except when the system is unavailable for maintenance or other reasons. Please note that the information provided may not include recent transactions and may include funds that are not subject to immediate withdrawal.
- Transfers. Transfer requests which are received by us on or before the "cutoff hour" of 4:00 p.m. (Easter Time) on business days will be posted that day. Transfer requests received after the cutoff hour or on a weekend or holiday may be deemed received as of the next business day. Unless we agree to an exception, transfers may only be made between accounts held in the same ownership.
Stop Payment Requests. You can use the Service to place a stop payment order (or cancel a stop payment order) on a paper check that you have written against your account. Your stop payment order must include the account number, check number, check date, EXACT check amount (dollars and cents), and the reason. We will not be liable for paying a check over a stop payment order if the order is incomplete or incorrect. Stop payment orders received on a weekend, holiday, or after 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on a business day may be deemed received by us as of the next business day. We must receive stop payment orders at a time and in a manner which affords us a reasonable opportunity to act upon them. Please see your deposit account agreement for the terms related to stop payment orders. Stop payment orders are effective for six months.
If our internet banking system is not available for any reason, you can contact us during our regular business hours at 1-888-MYWOORI (699-6674) for assistance.
Bill Payment Service. If you subscribe to this aspect of the Service, you can make payments to others from one or more of your designated checking accounts with us. If you link more than one checking account to the Service, you must specify which account you wish to use in making payments.
You will find more information in the Terms and Conditions of the Bill Payment Service once you enroll for the Service.
- No Warranties. THE SERVICE IS MADE AVAILABLE ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. NEITHER WE NOR OUR VENDORS PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THIS SERVICE. ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. NEITHER WE NOR OUR VENDORS ASSUME ANY LIABILITY FOR THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICE.
- Hours of Operation. You can access account information through the Service 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. There may be times, however, when all or part of the Service is unavailable due to system outages or maintenance. We assume no responsibility for any damage or delay that may result from such unavailability.
- Electronic Mail. If you send us electronic mail ("e-mail"), we may not receive or review it immediately. We will have a reasonable time to act upon any e-mail request or notice, and reserve the right to reject any transaction or request received by e-mail. You acknowledge that, even though e-mail may be encrypted, we cannot ensure that it will not be intercepted or affected by the actions or omissions of others, such as third party networks or persons with access to the Internet. We and our service providers assume no responsibility for viruses created by third parties, or for any third party's unauthorized access to, or use of, your computer system. Please do not include any sensitive information about yourself or your accounts in e-mail that is not encrypted and sent through a secure e-mail system.
Discrepancies. We assume no responsibility for the accuracy or timeliness of information provided by, or retrieved from, other institutions or other parties to your transactions. You agree to provide us with prior written notice of any changes in your designated accounts with payees and other institutions that would affect our right or ability to process service transfers or payments.
If a payment instruction identifies a payee or a bank by name and account or other identifying number, we and other financial institutions may process the transaction solely on the basis of the number, even if it identifies a different person or entity from what is indicated in the instruction. We have no obligation to identify and investigate discrepancies between names and numbers.
- Business Days. Our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Documentation. We will send or make available to you a monthly deposit account statement. In any case, you will receive or have electronic access to a statement monthly.
- Service Fees. There are no fees for accessing information about your accounts, but there is a charge for each Wire Transfer Service (Ewires) and Stop Payment Service. We also may impose a charge for transactions drawn against non-sufficient funds and for each transfer or payment from a Savings or Money Market Account that exceeds the transaction limitation we set for your account each statement period. See our fee schedule for fee information. We are not responsible for any fees that may be billed to you by your Internet service provider. When you use an ATM not owned by us, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator or any network used (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a fund transfer).
Limitations. We reserve the right to reject or limit the frequency and dollar amount of transfers and payments for security reasons. Payments may only be made to payees and accounts in the United States, and only in U.S. dollars.
Payments and transfers from savings accounts and money market deposit accounts are limited by law and your deposit account agreement with us. You may only make up to 6 withdrawals and/or transfers each month by check (for accounts with check privileges), preauthorized or automatic transfer (e.g., automatic payments to an insurance company), draft, point-of-sale debit card, telephone and/or Internet Banking. We may refuse to permit a Service transaction at any time and without prior notice if we believe it may violate applicable law. See your deposit account agreement for further details.
- How to Notify Us of a Problem. If you have a question about a Service transaction, believe your User ID or Password has been lost or stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call or write to your branch of account. You can also call us at 1-888-MYWOORI (699-6674) or write to us at Woori America Bank, 330 Fifth Ave, New York, NY 10001.
- Your Responsibility. Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your User ID and Password have been tampered with by someone other than you. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account. If you tell us within two business days, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your Password without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Password, and we can prove that we could have stopped someone from using your Password without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500. (Note: California law may differ on the consumer's loss limit.) Also, if your statement shows bill payments or transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed or otherwise made available to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we may extend the time periods.
- Our Responsibility. If we do not complete a transfer or send a payment from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our Agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for example, if: (a) we process your payment or transfer in a timely manner, but the payee rejects your payment or fails to process it in a timely manner; (b) your account does not contain sufficient available funds to make the transfer or payment; (c) the money in your account is subject to an uncollected funds hold, legal process or any other encumbrance or claim restricting the transfer or payment; (d) the payee or transaction information you supply to us is incorrect, incomplete or untimely; (e) the system was not working properly and you knew about the problem when you requested the transfer or payment; (f) circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, viruses, computer breakdowns or telecommunication problems) or rolling blackouts prevent the transaction, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken; (g) you do not authorize a bill payment early enough for your payment to be made and properly credited by the payee by the time it is due; (h) a transfer or payment could not be completed due to the system's unavailability; or (i) you fail to follow our on-screen instructions properly. There may be other exceptions stated in our Agreement with you.
In Case of Errors or Questions about Your Transfers or Bill Payments. Call or write to us at the number or address listed in Section 19 as soon as you can if you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transaction listed on the statement. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared. You must: (a) tell us your name and account number; (b) describe the error or the transaction you are unsure about and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information; and (c) tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. For bill payments, please tell us the payee name, the date we charged your account, and the payee account number. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time that it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. For errors involving new accounts, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question, and up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error.
We will tell you the results within 3 business days after completing our investigation. If we conclude that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
- Indemnification. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, proceedings, fines, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney fees) related to or arising out of: (a) your actions and omissions in connection with your accounts or our Service, or (b) our actions and omissions, provided that they are taken/omitted in accordance with this Agreement or your instructions. This provision shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
Change in Terms. We may add to, delete from, or change the terms of this Agreement at any time by sending a notice to any of you at the mail or e-mail address shown in our records, by posting the notice or an amended Agreement on our web site, or by delivering it to you. You may choose not to accept the change by closing your account(s) or terminating this Agreement and your use of the Service.
Note: Some elements of our Service may not be available at all times. We may make additional features and services available from time to time.
- Termination. We may terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Service at any time, with or without cause. If you decide to cancel the Service, call us at the number or write to us at the address shown in Section 19. Let us know if you have any outstanding scheduled or recurring bill payments or transfers that you also wish to cancel. Unless you advise us not to make such payments, you will be responsible for any payments we make following your notice of termination. We may refuse to make scheduled or recurring Service payments and/or transfers following termination of the Service. Any indemnification required by this Agreement shall survive its termination.
Business and Other Non-personal Accounts. Our obligations set forth in Sections 21 and 22, and the limitations on customer liability set forth in Section 20 and in periodic statements, do not apply in the case of business or other non-personal accounts. The owners of those accounts must notify us immediately if they discover any unauthorized transactions or errors, and must send us a written notice of the problem within a reasonable time (not to exceed 14 days from the date of discovery or their receipt or the availability of the first statement or notice reflecting the problem, whichever occurs first). Under no circumstances will we be liable for any special or consequential damages involving such accounts. We may process any online instruction we believe is given by any of you if the instruction is accompanied by your Password, and you will be obligated for the transfer or payment, even if the instruction is not transmitted or authorized by you.
To the extent permitted by law or regulation, we hereby disclaim all other warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and in no event shall we be liable for any special indirect, incidental, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from the use of the e-Statement service, including any loss or misuse of data, whether or not you are advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
Online Service E-Sign Disclosure and Consent
This Online Service E-Sign Disclosure and Consent ("Disclosure"), applies to all Communications for those products, services and Accounts offered or accessible through the Online Service, or a mobile application or mobile website used to access the Online Service. Please note that consenting to receive Communications under this Disclosure will not automatically enroll you in E-Statement Services.
- "We", "us" and "our" means Woori America Bank and each and every current and future affiliate of Woori America Bank.
- "You" and "your" mean the person giving this consent, and also each additional account owner, authorized signer, authorized representative, delegate, product owner and/or service user identified on any Woori America Bank product that you apply for, use or access.
- "Communications" means each disclosure, notice, agreement, fee schedule, statement, record, document, and other information we provide to you, or that you sign or submit or agree to at your request.
- "Online Service" means each and every product and service we offer that you apply for, use, administer or access using the Internet, a website, email, messaging service (including text messaging) and/or software applications (including applications for mobile or hand-held devices), either now or in the future.
Scope of Communications to Be Provided in Electronic Form
You agree that we may provide you with any Communications in electronic format, and that we may discontinue sending paper Communications to you, unless and until you withdraw your consent as described below. Your consent to receive electronic Communications and transactions includes, but is not limited to:
- All legal and regulatory disclosures and communications associated with the Account or the product or service available through the Online Service for your Account. As an example, Woori America Bank may send by e-mail legally required notification of changes to terms and conditions related to your Account(s) or the Online Service.
- Notices or disclosures about a change in the terms of your Account or associated payment feature and responses to claims or complaints.
- Privacy policies and notices
- Monthly (or other periodic) billing or account statements for your Account(s) or such other Communications we may include from time to time as part of the enrollment in the E-Statement Services ("E-Statement Services"). Related inserts may include, but are not limited to, marketing documentation and documentation required to be provided to you pursuant to regulatory rules, such as privacy notices and other important information regarding your Account.
Your consent to receive electronic Communications does not automatically enroll you in E-Statement Services. You must separately confirm that you would like to stop receiving paper account statements by U.S. Mail.
Method of Providing Communications to You in Electronic Form
All Communications that we provide to you in electronic form will be provided by one or more of the following methods: (1) via-email, (2) by access to a website, including our mobile websites, that we will designate in an e-mail notice we send to you at the time the information is available, (3) to the extent permissible by law, by access to a web site, including our mobile websites, that we will generally designate in advance for such purpose, (4) via our mobile applications, or (5) by requesting you download a PDF file containing the Communication.
How to Withdraw Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to receive Communications in electronic form at any time by contacting us at 1-888-699-6674, or changing your delivery preferences within the Online Service. However, such withdrawal of consent may result in the termination of:
- Your access to our Online Services, including online banking, and
- Your ability to use certain Woori America Bank Products.
If you are receiving E-statements, the termination will cause paper statements to be mailed to you via the U.S. Postal Service or other courier. Depending on the specific Woori America Bank Product, if you withdraw consent we may charge higher or additional fees for that product or for services related to it. Please refer to the applicable agreement for any fee that may apply.
How to Update Your Records
It is your responsibility to provide us with true, accurate and complete e-mail address, contact, and other information related to this Disclosure and your Account(s), and to maintain and update promptly any changes in this information. You can update information (such as your e-mail address) through the Online Service or by contacting us at 1-888-699-6674.
Hardware and Software Requirements
In order to access, view, and retain electronic Communications from us, you must have:
- an up-to-date Internet browser that we support to access your Account through the Online Service or if accessing your Account through our mobile applications, one of the following mobile operating systems: Apple iOS 6.0 or later or Android OS 2.3 or later;
- local, electronic storage capacity to retain our Communications and/or a printer to print them;
- a valid e-mail account and software to access it;
- an up-to-date device or devices (e.g., computer, smartphone, mobile device, tablet, etc.) suitable for connecting to the Internet or for downloading our mobile applications or accessing our mobile websites;
- software that enables you to view files in the Portable Document Format ("PDF")
Requesting Paper Copies
You should not expect to receive a paper copy of any Communication, unless you request it or we otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. You can obtain a paper copy of an electronic Communication by printing it yourself or by requesting that we mail you a paper copy, provided that such request is made within a reasonable time after we first provided the electronic Communication to you. To request a paper copy, contact us by telephone, or by logging in to the Online Service and send a request using your Secure Inbox. We may charge you a reasonable service fee for the delivery of paper copies of any Communication provided to you electronically pursuant to this authorization. We reserve the right, but assume no obligation; to provide a paper (instead of electronic) copy of any Communication that you have authorized us to provide electronically.
Communications in Writing
All communications in either electronic or paper format from us to you will be considered "in writing." You should print or download for your records a copy of this Disclosure and any other communication that is important to you.
You acknowledge and agree that your consent to electronic Communications is being provided in connection with a transaction affecting interstate commerce that is subject to the federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (the "Act"), and that you and we both intend that the Act apply to the fullest extent possible to validate our ability to conduct business with you by electronic means.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to discontinue the provision of your electronic Communications, or to terminate or change the terms and conditions on which we provide electronic Communications. We will provide you with notice of any such termination or change as required by law.
E-mail Address of Record for Accounts with Joint and/or Multiple Owners
Each account owner is able to provide an e-mail address for the account in connection with each owner's consent to receive electronic communications. Only one account owner's authorization is required to enroll in Paperless Statements (eStatement).
By providing your consent, you are also confirming that you have the hardware and software described above, that you are able to receive and review electronic records, and that you have an active email account. You are also confirming that you are authorized to, and do, consent on behalf of all the other account owners, authorized signers, authorized representatives, delegates, product owners and/or service users identified with your Woori America Bank products.
I have read, understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions described above.